When is the Town Office open?

Monday  9:00 to 1:00
Tuesday 9:00 to 7:00
Wednesday 9:00 to 5:00
Thursday  9:00 to 5:00
9:00 to 2:00

Closed on holidays and weekends

 How do I register a car?

First, you  MUST pay your excise tax here, especially if you must go to the Augusta DMV office later.

More details can be found under "Doing Business" on the front page.

For annual reregistration of current vehicle:  you need to bring the old registration, proof of insurance, and  the current mileage reading.

For recent purchase of a vehicle (from a Maine dealer only):  you need to bring the purchase receipts (blue and green forms) and the old registration (which has to be signed over on the back)

If you purchase a "new" car, you must bring the window sticker (Monroney) with you to pay excise tax.  Your car dealer will know what this is and should put it with all your other paperwork.

We do issue license plates here.

Basic Guidelines for Registering New or Used Vehicles and Obtaining New Plates
1) Bring to the Town Office the sales tax form, the title application form, your insurance card, a Bill of Sale, and for new vehicles, the Monroney window sticker. 
2) Pay the excise tax on vehicle as determined by the Town, based on the price of the vehicle when it was brand new.
3) Fill out the back of the WHITE registration form.
4) The cost of new standard plate is $35.00, $25 extra for a vanity plate, or $20 extra for the initial cost for specialty plates then $15 extra each year after that. 

 How do I register a snowmobile...or ATV....or boat?

See details under "Doing Business" on the front page

 How do I get a dog license?

Dog licenses are issued at the Town Office.  They must be done before January 31 of every year or there will be a $25 late fee.  You need proof of rabies shot.  For first time registrations, you will also need the spay or neutering certificate.
If your dog is not registered, the Animal Control Officer is very aggressive and will do his job.  For further details, see the "Licenses" link on the front page.

 Can I park my car on any street during the winter?

No.......the town ordinance states that no one is allowed to park a car on any street from November 1 to April 15, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.  Violators are subject to fines and possible towing.

 Does the Town have a Spring junk pickup?

Yes....every other Spring. The Town Meeting vote has always supported this cleanup and permits are available for a couple weeks in the Spring.  Normally a permit costs about $30.  There are certain limitations but detailed info is available in the Spring.

 How and when do I get billed for sewer usage?

Sewer bills are mailed quarterly and are based on the previous quarter's water usage amount from your Water District bill.  For example, your September sewer bill uses your June water bill volumes.  There is a $5.00 late charge per quarter if not paid after 30 days. 


The rate in Randolph is $5.00 per one hundred cubic feet of water (748 gallons).  All funds stay in Randolph and go toward maintaining the Town's sewer system and pump station.

 What do I do about a barking dog?

Call or text the animal control officer,  his cell phone at 458-9496.

 What is the mil rate and when do tax bills go out?

The annual mil rate can be found here.  Tax bills normally are mailed in August and are payable in two installments..... by approximately September 12 and by the following March 12. If late, the interest rate is around 7%.

TAX BILLS:  Remember that only one bill is sent out with two coupons.  Please mark your calendar to avoid any interest.

 Who picks up household rubbish in this town?

Every household must hire a private hauler to pick up trash and haul it to Hatch Hill in Augusta.  Average cost is about $3 to $5 per week.